Senior Account Manager – South
Mechline is acknowledged to be an authority and market leader with UK designed and manufactured products engineered to address opportunities and demands in the Foodservice, Hospitality and Environmental sectors. The combination of operational and technical experience and qualification ensures our products enhance the working environment for the operators, exceed legal and environmental standards, and bring new technology and materials to the market. We manufacture the majority of our products at our premises in Milton Keynes where customers are welcome to visit to see our manufacturing facilities in action.
This role reports to the Commercial Director
The role will be responsible for developing positive revenue and margin growth through planning and execution of the agreed sales strategy. To develop and manage client relationships and professionally represent Mechline Developments Limited at all times.
Key Client Responsibilities:
- Managing key group client portfolio [Approximately £2.8M at present].
- B2B sales through to key foodservice equipment distributors, contractors, wholesalers.
- Development of additional channel business.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Representing the company professionally, in keeping with established company values and principles.
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets and KPIs. Generally minimum plus 10% year-on-year.
- Developing new business and initiatives – to achieve agreed financial and sales objectives.
- To contribute to the delivery of agreed business objectives.
- Managing existing key and standard account business, developing new product sales and initiatives, and developing new account sales.
- Have an exceptional customer service focus in creating and maintaining successful working relationships with clients in the territory.
- Provide market intelligence to marketing and product development team on competitive products, solutions and activities.
- Accurately and efficiently enter customer information into CRM maintaining accurate project notes and information for mailing purposes
- Prepare monthly sales reports and forecasts.
- Contribute towards Marketing projects and initiatives.
- Manage sales process and pipeline. Carry out market and client investigation.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Quality and Health & Safety policies.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Directors.
- To ‘professionally’ work within, uphold and contribute to the Mechline ‘Success Code’.
Experience & Personal Specification:
- A proven performance record and legacy in Sales and Account Management.
- Ability to create, develop and maintain relationship by demonstrating listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of building, developing and maintaining national accounts relationships at a senior level.
- Have natural communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly build rapport and good relationships with customers and colleagues, at all levels.
- Be able to contribute in a team environment and also demonstrate strong initiative with the ability to work independently.
- Ability and initiative to solve problems as they arise, under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- Have good negotiation skills and a problem-solving attitude to ensure commercial success.
- A passion for superior product delivery and customer service.
- An appreciation for the need for a positive client experience.
- Flexible attitude to field sales activity as required.
- Knowledge and experience of the Foodservice & Hospitality industry and an excellent understanding of issues in relation to related sales and marketing, or ability to demonstrate transferable Sales Skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- To have excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, with the ability to quickly gain, maintain and share product knowledge with customers effectively.
- To have good and proven IT skills, numeracy and literacy skills as required in a commercial role.
- Be confident and ambitious.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Uphold integrity, honesty, and reliability.
- Be professional and diplomatic, internally, and externally.